LAUNCH PAD

26 Feb 2012

The Sports Day



I would have never thought that I would enjoy sports, but when I entered Pathways I was thrilled to discover the  sportsman in  me and I was happy that I found it. The sports practice was very hard and tiring but when the day came I was so excited and when I started playing I couldn’t stop ! The idea of the sports day was to enjoy sports but what we saw was competition. It was the competition between the four houses; Air, Water, Fire and Earth. I was barely thinking about that until the relay race came.  
I was participating in relay race between Grade 6 to 8. I couldn’t think about anything other than imagining a dog running behind me.  When I finished my part I could see that the last person in my house was coming  I was cheering and  shouting for us to win.  After I finished the first relay I wanted to stand and support the people going for the relay. But when I noticed that my house captain was calling for me, I ran up to him and he told me that I had to go and do the relay again. As I looked to my opponents I realized my brother was standing in the line in his house. And I just couldn’t think of anything except that- I AM GOING AGAINST MY BROTHER! I used the same tactic which I used at my first relay. We did well in the race. Then we  had to assemble in our houses and had to sit for the prize distribution. When they finished the primary and the 6th grade distribution they announced the first 3 winners and I heard my name come out of the speaker and  I was so excited  I ran and jogged  to get my medal. At the end of the day I GOT 4 MEDALS which were my first four. I was proud of myself and so was everyone who knew me.   I am so happy with my achievements. It was a wonderful experience  , hope I win even more medals next sports day !!! 

                                                                                         -Swagata (Grade 8)

No comments:

Post a Comment