LAUNCH PAD

16 Dec 2011

The Read-A-Thon experience



Read-A-Thon was a very good experience for me because I read for fun and for the benefit of others. This Read-A-Thon  experience is something that I will remember for a long time.We organised this event because all of us in the Middle school wanted to fundraise and collect money for the children who don’t have any clothes. 
All the money collected will go to a Non government organization called Goonj. Goonj aims to make something useful for the people by using old and used material.
Through the Read-A-Thon fundraiser, we plan to donate money for some stationary of Goonj so that it can provide  for the poor children who cannot even by an eraser.  This event taught me  that people can change someone’s life just by putting in some effort.




I would have never thought that I would have to read a book  for charity but I had fun because you could read anything you want. I have already finished a book by the end of a week (which I thought would be impossible for me to achieve) which was pretty interesting and this event made me read the book.  Now I have already ensured that I have some money to give to Goonj.

'Readathon  build a wall' 
I think I had a great opportunity to help them. And I really, really hope that we do this every year in this school.  And even though I am going to go to the Senior School next year I would love to do this event again and again just to help those people out there.






-Swagata (Grade 8)

No comments:

Post a Comment